On the waddle into work this morning, feeling huge and slow and roly poly, I ran into a few co-workers who all asked me how I was feeling. Below are some of the responses I got–they completely changed my mood!
And yes, I am pregnant. My due date is October 5th.
- “You don’t look swollen at all. Women at this stage of pregnancy normally look swollen all over and you don’t look swollen anywhere!”
- “Wow, you look amazing!”
- “Your belly is so perfect; such a perfect shape! It looks like when people put a ball in their belly to pretend they’re pregnant.”
- “You don’t look huge at all. From the back you can’t even tell you’re pregnant.” For the longest time I found this statement so strange; the baby is in your belly, not in your back. But by now I’ve gotten used to it. Some women really gain weight all over their body and so sometimes it does look like they’re pregnant in the butt, hips, etc.
- “Your hair looks different. . .” I cut my bangs and shortened it. “It looks great!”
- “Are you working out like everyday of your pregnancy?” No, I worked out yesterday and the day before and maybe before that once/week for a few weeks. Before that, yes, I was working out a few times/week. “Wow, you work out more than I do and you’re like 10 months pregnant.”
This same woman told me that her sister’s due date was the same as mine last year and she had her baby today but last year. Ohhh, fingers crossed!